Friday, November 9, 2012

baby dedication

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:13-16


last sunday marked our bud's baby dedication at imago dei community church.  as believers, it was a very special day for us, and one in which we dedicated him to God, and dedicating ourselves as parents to raising him to know Christ.

until i became a parent, i didn't fully comprehend how deeply i could love another person. the love i have for my little bud is so powerful and so overwhelming, yet it pales in comparison to the love that God has for us.  i believe that to be true.  i serve a God who loves me even more than i love my son - that blows my mind!  and i want our bud to experience that love.  

our day was made complete by the family and friends who were able to join us.  :)








1 comment:

Monica said...

looks like it was an awesome day! and, i will add my prayer for God's blessings, too!

The Lord said to Moses, “Tell Aaron and his sons, ‘This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:

Ronan, “The Lord bless you

and keep you;

the Lord make his face shine upon you

and be gracious to you;

the Lord turn his face toward you

and give you peace.”’

“So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them.”