but it wasn't just a goodbye to the corporate world; it was HELLO to full time mommy-hood.
i felt such a range of emotions as i called to give my manager my final decision and tell her i wouldn't be returning from maternity leave.
relief because the decision was finally made and officially communicated to nike. it was an incredibly difficult decision for a number of reasons, and the hubs and i went back and forth for months, right down to the wire, as to what we should do. it just felt good to make the decision and KNOW it was final.
joy because staying home with my sweet baby bud and raising him is my greatest heart's desire and what i feel i'm being called to do at this juncture in my life.
peace because i know with all my heart this is the right decision, despite how difficult it was.
scared because quitting a great job with great benefits, especially in this economy, IS scary. but this was our time to step out in faith and believe it will work out. we will need to make more than a few sacrifices, and there will probably be days where i wish i was sitting back at my desk on the second floor of KG, but i also know my sweet baby's smiles and giggles will overshadow any fear or anxiety i may feel.
sadness that such a huge chapter in my life has ended. yes, i'll still be able to keep in touch with many of the incredible people i've come to know and friends i've made over the past 6 years, but it won't be the same as seeing them every day. nike has been my second home and second family for a long time, and saying goodbye is one of the hardest things i've ever had to do. bittersweet probably sums it up best.
but above all, i feel blessed that i have the opportunity to stay home with my little munchkin. i know many women would like to and can't, so i hope and pray i never take it for granted and that i never take my mommy responsibility lightly.
what i'll always remember about my time at nike -
- making friendships that i know will last the rest of my life (like my kindred spirit, steph)
- running hood-to-coast for the first time
- SCULPT! and group centergy and dynamic yoga - basically, BETH. and everyone i suffered through those classes with
- visiting memphis - gus's fried chix and fried green tomatoes!
- the sw chix salad and the buffalo chix wrap - of course i had to add food. :)
- coffee 'meetings' in the boston deli
- taking my first self-defense class
- swim lessons
- summer lunches on the jbs patio
- run/walks on the berm
- speed mentoring and presenting to the EFLT
- athletes on campus - federer, sampras, and my favorite, nadal
- hearing stories about jack
and so many more that i can't think of right now - i blame it on my mommy brain!