Monday, April 4, 2011

photo club {simple}

i loved this week's theme - {simple}

i consider myself a pretty low-maintenance person, and it's often the simple things and gestures that convey the most meaning to me.  i knew immediately upon seeing this theme that i wanted to photograph the simple, day-to-day things that bring me joy. 


{like this gerber daisy that the hubs surprised me with on the 8 year anniversary of our first date (also happens to be april fool's day) - not an anniversary i remembered, so it was even more meaningful that he did.  took this on one of the only (semi) sunny days we've had in the last couple of weeks.  just having the sun stream thru the windows was such a treat!}


{my favorite tea (Aveda) in my favorite mug}



{this simple flag symbolizes many things i hold dear}

{i would be a very cranky person if chocolate wasn't a part of my life.  a friend just introduced me to trader joe's dark chocolate.  YUM.}
- linking this photo up to the two challenge at 'simplicity' -

{the tree in our front yard, showing its simple beauty which lasts but a couple of weeks each year}
- linking this photo to 'the simple things' -

{my zoe-girl sitting side-saddle.  she is quite simply one of the loves of my life.}
- linking this photo to the happy monday-friends challenge at 'allie photography'-
- linking to sweet shot tuesday at 'my3boybarians' -

{an enchanting little birdhouse spotted on our walk yesterday}

{loved the simple beauty and softness of the fence and the blossoms - made me feel all romantical}


and now for some more simplicity, head over to miss amber's blog.

enjoy!

18 comments:

Leegee Lou said...

Bee-you-tee-ful!! You have such a great eye!

Robin said...

Very beautiful photos!! Love them all :)

Amber said...

love, love, love these!! you truly have a great eye. i'm especially taken by the one of "zoe-girl" :) the side-saddle is just too adorable.

Kami said...

Love the pics! I can't believe it took you this long to discover Trader Joe's dark chocolate! And it's good for you, to boot.

Just Bits and Pieces said...

Oh my gosh.....I love all of your shots!!! Just beautiful! I'm visiting from Sweet Shot Tuesday

Naomi said...

I love all the pics. Spring is arriving late in Chicago this year and I am jealous of your pretty bloomin trees. Great job on the photos.

Allie said...

Those are all so great! Thanks for linking up! :)

Actuary Mom said...

Great photos! I love the chocolate for the two challenge.

Kim said...

Your Zoe is a doll! So cute.

a husband and a dad said...

Man, I love these pictures. The chocolate pic was just fabulous.

Bobi said...

love them all and I think like I told you earlier the tea mug speaks to me so much today… maybe because I'm dealing with a cold and wishing for a cup of good tea right now.

Tim McClintick said...

Great photos!! Love them all!

Jessica said...

Coming over from Simplicity's linky party. Love the shot of the two pieces of chocolate! So simple, and so yummy looking!

Tiffany said...

The tree photo is very pretty!

rebecca said...

love your photos! I'm sharing your photo in the simple things roundup this week. :) thanks for linking up!

Branson @ Reflection of Something said...

Love your birdhouse photo!

Danelle said...

Okay, I seriously LOVE your dog!

izznit said...

Ah! Give Zoe girl a hug and a kiss from me. Overwhelmed by the cute!