Sunday, February 27, 2011

lately...

i've been saying good-bye to this little man.  after almost 6 months of living with us, my sister and easton have moved out, and it's been more than a little bittersweet. 


even zoe misses him. in the evenings, she watches the front door waiting for him to walk in.


the long roadSweet Shot Day







i've discovered that even the best marriages can use a little tune-up from time-to-time.  for valentine's day, i told the hubby all i wanted was for us to attend 'the art of marriage' conference at our church.  it was the first time in 7 years of marriage we'd attended something like this, and even the though the hubs initially went grudgingly and as a favor to me, we both left feeling it was the most valuable thing we've ever done for our marriage.  




i've been watching my nieces get older.  little miss kadence turned three this month, and we celebrated with a dora-themed party complete with lots of little princess running around.  her new hair-cut couldn't have been timed any better.  she definitely looks like a big girl now, don't you think?  :)













i was honored to win my first photo contest.  thank you to the lovely faith for selecting my photo as a finalist and for everyone who voted for it.  i knew this photo was special to me for many reasons, but receiving that validation was exciting and humbling. 



i found my mr. darcy.  i finally got around to watching the BBC adaptation of 'pride and prejudice' and i LOVE colin firth in that role.  getting caught up in the love story of mr. darcy and lizzie bennett for a few hours is not a bad way to spend a saturday afternoon.



suffice to say, i have a little crush on this mr. darcy. :)
 

12 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm visiting from as simple as that. I love the baby and dog picture! Gorgeous photos!

I also host a blog link-up each Friday called a few of my favorite things. I'd love for you to link-up next Friday.

Kami said...

I love that version of Pride and Prejudice!! You should watch the latest BBC version of Sense and Sensibility - it's amazing!

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

Love that shot of the baby- what an adorable little guy.

thatgirlblogs said...

still haven't seen pride and prejudice, but I loved him best in princess diaries :)

Petra said...

Love the black and white of the baby with the pup, and also the one of the little girl. Beautiful :)

stacy: the aunt with gum said...

the baby & dog... omg.love.

frecklesandfences said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. To me, there is no other version!
I loved your photo that won the challenge. Congrats!

rebecca said...

I just love your photos, thanks for this little peek into your life & for linking up this week! Rebecca

happy me said...

Zoe! Congratulations on your beautiful photo being recognized; it's an exceptional shot!

Debra (a photographic memory . typepad . com)

Nicole said...

Precious!

julie said...

LOVE that little Zoe shot!! So sweet :)

Faith said...

WOW - love that first shot. I just love the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. Watched it with my sisters many times. I really like the Kiera Knightly version as well (swoon). Too bad guys aren't like THAT any more!