Friday, August 27, 2010

SCARY - the 37 ingredients found in Twinkies!

While I consider myself to be a fairly healthy eater, I've always had a weak spot for Little Debbie and Hostess snack cakes, especially Swiss Cake Rolls! oh, those swiss rolls...


Of course I realize that something you buy box in a 12pk box for $1.09 can't possibly be good for me, but I've managed to keep myself ignorant of what these tasty little treat are actually made of...until today, that is!

The below article breaks down the ingredient list for Twinkies - which can't be that far off from that of Swiss Rolls - complete with pictures. SCARY to say the least!! No longer can I plead ignorance. Knowing that ingredients such as calcium sulfate, a food-grade equivalent of plaster of Paris, make up these tasty treats, is enough to scare me into completely banning them from my diet...for this week, anway!


http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38872091/ns/today-foodwine

1 comment:

Naomi said...

First.......welcome back. I've been slowly trying to just ban processed foods from my diet as much as possible. You don't know what ends up in your food when it's massed produced like that. I'm not sure I could go completely off the processed stuff, but I'm limiting it as much.