Tuesday, January 12, 2010

spin, baby, spin!

today i faced one of my biggest fears...ok, that might be a slight exaggeration, but not much. today i was dragged to a spin class by 3 work colleagues after months of their attempts at nicely persuading me to go.

i tried my first spin class many years ago, when fresh out of college, i joined bally's gym and was determined to lose the 15+ lbs which started as the freshman 15, but lasted all the way thru my senior year. for some reason i still can't phantom, i believed i was ready to tackle a spin class, because that's exactly what i did.

big mistake. it kicked my butt. it wiped the floor with me. it was the most difficult thing i had done physically up to that point in my life. i know, weak...but i guess that's what i was.

that was 9 years ago, and i was so scarred by that experience that i never even considered putting myself thru that sort of pain again. until today, that is.

and...i didn't hate it. sure, i needed the moral support of 3 other people, and it was definitely tough, don't get me wrong, but i did it and i may even go back. i want the beautifully toned legs that all bikers seem to have. is that too much to ask for?

i can definitely assure you, i looked NOTHING like this during or after class. why she's smiling is beyond me!

No comments: