Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I finally did it...new phone coming!

For the longest time, I've needed a new phone...not because I must have the newest gadget or even remotely care about having what everyone else has, but because this is the pathetic state of my current phone, a hand-me-DOWN from my hubby and what I've been using for over a year now.


no, your eyes do not deceive you, the plastic edging around the top of my phone is cracked off and has been for months and the back is not much better
Beside the obvious physical hideousness of this contraption, it's also HUGE relative to just about any other phone out there, and it long ago ceased working properly. In fact, last June I received a lovely letter from AT&T informing me that after July 15 this phone would no longer be supported by them and I should upgrade my phone. I decided to NOT take their suggestion and here I am 6 months later with a phone that dies randomly, constantly prompts me to check my SIM card and really, is starting to be a source of embarrassment. I guess I've learned to live with it, but that changed today, because TODAY, I ordered myself an iPhone!

I never expected to be excited about owing an iPhone, probably because I was so fed up with everyone telling me how great it was and how i simply HAD to get one. But I can honestly say I held out as long as I could, and now that it's been ordered, I AM excited to soon be the owner of one of these! All I've got to say, it better be as great as all the hype! :)






2 comments:

Naomi said...

I'm in a not to different situation. My phone isn't a hand down but I have had it for several years, dropped it way too many times and have had it just randomly die on me too. But until it fails on me, I refuse to buy another phone.

TabI said...

That was exactly my philosphy, Nomers! Why buy a replacement when i have a cell phone that works just fine for my very basic cell phone needs (calling and texting); however, the phone was literally falling apart and i just couldn't handle the random dying. so it was time to move on, and i'm excited! :)