Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh, my Juicer!

Ever since watching this episode of "The Doctors" last week, I've been inspired to buy a juicer. Not just any juicer, mind you - a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer!

I know enough about nutrition and my own diet to know that I most definitely do not get all the vitamins/minerals/antioxidants my body needs, and watching the show on 'Longevity' and 'Living to be 100' really hit a chord with me. In the last year or so, I've known/known of numerous people close to my age that are fighting various forms of cancer or have passed away from cancer, and I simply can’t imagine anything more frightening. I also know that now more than ever, there is so much in our environment that is toxic to our bodies and literally fighting against us, so it’s more critical than ever to do everything in our power to counteract it. ** I apologize for the brief soap-box moment…**

Turns out, even though I KNOW all this, I still don’t follow my own advice. However, watching Jack LaLanne, and other people in their late 90’s and early 100’s on the show was so incredibly inspiring! Imagine being 95 and still working out 2 hours a day, not being on any meds, and having an active life that rivals that of any 30 year old. Or imagine being 95 and still performing surgeries! Those are the types of stories I watched over and over again, and what can I say, it inspired me to want a juicer! Sure, that might sound cheesy and maybe too simple of a solution, but I honestly believe that it will be an incredibly easy way to give my body the nutrients it needs every day, key word being “easy!”

I had already put IT on my Christmas wish list and was fairly confident the hubby picked up on the not-so-subtle hints that it better be sitting under the tree on Christmas morning. However, the stars aligned just right, and I had my wish granted even earlier. Last Friday was my company Christmas party (errrrr...‘Holiday party’ for the PC folks out there, of which I am not one, especially when it comes to Christmas, but that’s another story for another day) and long story short, I won THE juicer in our gift game! (Well, technically, I won a Universal Remote Control which was exactly the same price as the juicer, so I did what anyone in my shoes would have done; I went to Costco and exchanged the remote for my juicer!) It was free, and if that’s not a sure-sign that I must become a juicing queen, I don’t know what is!

Here it is, in all its glory!


Isn't he cute?

1 comment:

jgorger said...

That is AWESOME! I love that show the Doctors and used to watch it...that is when Aidan took a nap. Now, not ever, but oh well. I fully support your soap box moment and your exchange of the gift! Nice work! I can't wait to hear what you think of it! I might need to invest in one if its all its cracked up to be.