Thursday, November 5, 2009

thankful thursday


"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."

-Charles Dickens
thankful for
  • four, yes four, straight days of no rain in portland. surely that's some sort of record for this time of year!

  • managing to stay well despite all the colds, flus and germs all around...thanks to a little help from my friends: airborne and nyquil

  • making it through day 4 of no sugar; not in the strictest sense, but no refined sugar. yes, my sugar cravings are out of control, especially in the afternoons at work, so 4 days is quite the accomplishment; my goal is 21 days, apparently how long it takes to build a habit

  • fall foliage everywhere!

  • the fact that today was my friday

  • the weekend ahead: weekend getaway with 2 dear friends; the lake house is calling our names!

1 comment:

Bobi said...

what a great quote... I agree, wholeheartedly. I had such a great weekend with you guys. I love our debates and our hear to hearts. Also walking in pouring down rain one of my favorite memory. Oh yeah and figuring out how to make the toilet work. hehe..