Sunday, August 23, 2009

El Sal, we're on our way!

Remember this post? Hard to believe 4 months have transpired since Monica and I made the "we must take a 30th birthday trip" decision. Those four months have been more crammed than I ever remember summer months being and as a result, the trip was put on the back burner...until Friday, that is! The trip is officially booked, and the 10 days at the end of September can't arrive soon enough.

Why El Salvador? Many reasons, but I'd be lying if I said having a cousin who currently lives there wasn't a highly motivating factor. Traveling to a continent and country that would most likely not be at the top of the list became much more desirable with the promise of a built in tour guide. And unlike any other trip I've taken and planned, I have no idea what to expect nor have I done a lick of planning...and oddly enough, therein lies the excitement!

More to come in the next few weeks; stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

Hungry Girl said...

what!!!??? how fun!!! is that where David is?

TabI said...

I could have sworn I told you about this trip...Yep, that's where Dave is, and since one of my biggest regrets was not visiting him when he was in Japan, I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by.

I've been trying to get a hold of you though, to see if you (and/or) Deric had any desire to go. I know you'll be in France at the beg. of Sept, and this trip will take place at the end of Sept - beg of Oct, but it's definitely an open invitation. Right now, it's me, Reid, Monica, Dave and possibly one of Monica's co-workers...and the more, the merrier.

By the way, it would be a lot cheaper to go there from TX; in fact, our layover is in Houston...not sure if that would make a diff, or if the time off work is the biggest factor, but think about it! It would be a blast having you guys there.