Monday, July 20, 2009

Back-on-track Monday

Summers just aren’t conducive for routine; at least that’s what I’m discovering this summer, but I’m determined to get back on track beginning today!

I write this in the wake of a crazy, wedding weekend, from which I feel I need a few days to recover, but unfortunately I don’t have that luxury, so I’m jumping right into my week and have resolved to get a few things in order:
  • FOOD - as if food isn’t already tempting enough and difficult to stay disciplined around, combine Romo food with a big family event (wedding, as it were this past weekend) and any shred of discipline I may have had completely disappeared. I ate more in the past 3 days than in the last couple of weeks, it wasn’t even remotely healthy, and most of the time, I wasn’t eating because I was hungry; I was eating because food was ALL AROUND ME and everyone else was eating…my poor stomach has been in shock the last few days, not knowing to make of everything I’ve been sending its way!
  • EXERCISE – how do people have time to work out consistently in the summer?? Not that I’ve ever had a solid work-out routine to begin with, but any spare moment this summer has been spent trying to catch a breath, so any headway I made in the winter when I had a decent routine going, I’ve wiped out with the combination of poor eating habits and almost non-existent gym time. I am determined to go to Sculpt today, get my butt whooped and shock my body back in shape.
  • EVERYTHING ELSE – laundry piles await, garage full of stuff waiting to be posted on Craigslist, car packed full of clothes waiting to be donated, catching up with friends, wedding pics to sort thru and post…it’s a mile-long list, but I’m determined to begin putting a dent in it this week. And since The Bachelorette finale isn’t until NEXT Monday evening, I may even be successful.

No comments: