Friday, May 1, 2009

small victories

I left work a bit early today , eager to begin the weekend, only to be completely derailed from my grand plan by getting stuck in horrendous traffic on the I-5 stretch b/w the Fremont and Interstate (Vancouver) bridge. This is typical for every day of the week, and especially true on Fridays, but today I was in no mood to follow the law, so I took matters into my own hands, hopped into the HOV/Carpool lane and stayed there the ENTIRE length of the stretch until I was on the Vancouver side. Now, I have some seldom occasions hopped into the Carpool lane for a few minutes only to get paranoid and hop back into the legal lanes, but today, I played with fire...and it paid off! I was in Vancouver before 5pm on a Friday, and that's an amazing feat in itself! It was also quite thrilling to get away with breaking the law... :) It didn't escape me, however, that while I was illegally cruising along at maximum speed, the worship song that was playing on the radio was declaring "In all I do, I honor you."

1 comment:

jgorger said...

You crazy lady! That is seriously funny about the song...you are one lucky lady for not getting caught...that might have been a HUGE ticket! I don't think I would have the guts you do...way to live on the wild side!!