Thursday, April 9, 2009

If only it was this easy!

So, last weekend across the dinner table, my oldest niece informed me that she is no longer 4 years old, but is now 5. I know full well that she turned 4 a few months ago, and so does she, but when I questioned her further, she explained in a very matter-of-fact voice that she WAS 4, but then she "just changed the number" and now she's 5. Then she looked at me as if to say, "don't you get it?" Oh, if only it was that easy, my sweet, innocent Mackenzie! :)
Here are the many faces of Mackenzie...I couldn't choose just one b/c they all showcase her amazing personality so well! Princess (in a good, girly kind of way), sweet, protective, quirky, intelligent, silly... and as you can see, quite the poser!


2 comments:

jgorger said...

I am rolling laughing...what great logic she has! I mean it must seem so arbitrary to a child that one day you just get to say you are a whole year older! Shis going to be a heart breaker too...what a cutie!

Kami said...

I can't believe McKenzie is 5 either. How does time go by that fast?! - Kami