Thursday, April 30, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
i love sales.
i especially love book sales.
so imagine my delight when in between running errands yesterday i saw a sign on the corner which read "book sale - library." $7.50 lighter and a bag full of books later, i was one happy camper!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
I have many things in my life that began as fun and rewarding but have merely turned into items to cross off my to-do-list, chores, and huge time absorbers. Keeping up on Facebook and Project 365 (taking and posting a picture a day for a year) are just two small ones that come to mind. It’s been over a month since I’ve uploaded any Project 365 pictures and even longer since I’ve spent any quality time on Facebook. So I’ve made a decision. I am quitting both. Sure, not an earth shattering decision by anyone’s standards, including my own, but for me, a step in the right direction.
I once heard Dr. Laura discuss how our culture is obsessed with the idea of “balance” as if we could fit anything and everything into our life as long as we can figure out the art of “balancing” it all. In her opinion (and I strongly agree,) this idea of “balance” is a bunch of modern-day nonsense; there isn’t enough time, nor do we have enough energy in our lives to be able to do everything and do it well; therefore, life is/should be about choices and priorities. That means saying no to some things because you’re choosing to make something else a priority. For me this means admitting that I can’t do it all and instead re-evaluating what I spend my time on and making the proper adjustments; pruning, if you will. If that means being a quitter at times, then so be it! :)
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Puppy Love (not used as much now that she's becoming a big girl)
Piggy (she certainly snorts like one!)
And for you dog-lovers out there, these pictures are sure to at least put a smile on your face; they literally make me laugh out loud every time I see them. They were taken on Reid's phone, so picture quality isn't great, but entertainment value: PRICELESS. Enjoy! :)
- Is my Friday, and for that I am ECSTATIC!
- I will battle with staying focused and productive while desiring to be elsewhere
- Maybe, just maybe I'll make it to the gym and burn off a small fraction of the donut I just consumed after "swearing off" sugar in obvious forms...ooh, must make sure the Nano is charged up; I CANNOT face the treadmill without music...it's torture!
- Realizing I could spend all day reading blogs and still wouldn't be caught up or satisfied; it's addictive
- Wondering why Anoop or Lil Rounds weren't kicked off American Idol last night
- Excited that while it's FREEZING this morning, the sun is out and I have faith that it will warm up
- Happy that Zoe seems to be doing much better...but still not well enough to come with us this weekend
- Wondering how to embed a YouTube video into a blog posting
- Must start working...
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Short WORK weeks that is! The anticipation of a long weekend definitely overshadows having to cram 5 days worth of work into 4. :) What I'm anticipating for this weekend:
- Warm weather...dare I hope the weather forecasters are correct and we will be blessed with a sunny AND warm weekend??
- 3 days on Bainbridge Island (in the Puget Sound) with Reid's fam, celebrating Jerry's 70th b-day
- Walks on the beach
- Taking the ferry to Seattle, where the guys look forward to multiple Mariners games and the ladies are looking forward to shopping and exploring; are 3 baseball games in a 3 day period really necessary?? :)
- RELAXING...sleeping in, reading and plenty of good eats are sure to be on the agenda!
And since pictures are so fun, here's a few more from Lyg's visit a couple of weekends ago:
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
- Sun, sun, sun!
- Signs of spring all around
- Sister Lyg visiting from Dallas
- Playing hopscotch with Mackenzie, Madyson and Kadence...and other precious niece moments
- Celebrating Jerry's 70th birthday; here's to the best father-in-law in the world!
Friday, April 3, 2009
The part of our conversation that has me excited was her idea of taking a trip together to commemorate our 30th birthdays; after all, we only turn 30 once, and we both feel it’s a significant milestone. Normally, I’M the daydreamer when it comes to travel related matter, and I LOVE the planning aspect of it. This will be no exception of course, so if you notice me staring off into space with a glassy-eyed look, know that I’m ok; it’s just that in my head I’m probably sitting on a beach somewhere, or exploring a new city, or taking in the sights of New England…the possibilities are endless!