Sunday, March 29, 2009

Massage, Chowder and Persuasion

...almost adequately describe my weekend.

I was fortunate enough to begin my Saturday with a massage, thanks to a Christmas gift I finally cashed in; it was worth every penny I didn't pay for it, and much, much needed and appreciated! :) I was informed that the left side of my upper back and shoulder feel very different than the right side; apparently I store the majority of my stress on the left side...go figure!

Because Reid was on a guys-only 'adventure' most of Saturday, my domestic side came to the surface and I was inspired to try a new recipe. What better than chowder on a cold, rainy day? I even found a "healthy" chowder recipe on Health.com. A quick trip to Freddy's and I was ready to create my Corn Chowder with Crab and Cilantro. It wasn't the cheapest recipe I've tried thanks to the crab, but it was yummy indeed and the perfect accompaniment to a day indoors with my Zoe. Unfortunately, found out Reid isn't crazy about crab meat, so guess who'll be eating Corn Chowder for lunch each day this week?

The rain was absent for the most part on Sunday, which put me in a happy and energetic mood, which tends to happen when the sun shines. After church this morning, I attacked my lengthy to-do list with vengeance and am happy to report that most items were crossed off; somehow, "fold laundry" is still left. However, the best part of my day wasn't crossing items off my to do list; instead, the sun was out for hours and I took full advantage; curled up in a folding chair in the backyard, faced the sun, and made it through a couple more chapters of Jane Austen's "Persuasion." This book is the slowest reading I've done in a while, simply b/c the older English the book is written in doesn't lend itself to the speed at which I often breeze through books. However, I'm finding that b/c I'm being forced to read slower, I'm able to connect with the story and characters on a much deeper level.

All in all, a very successful weekend; the perfect mix of work and R&R...now if I could just muster up some motivation to fold a mountain of laundry! :)






No comments: